Mon – Fri
07:00 – 20:00
Sat – Sun
08:00 – 16:00
08:00 – 16:00
011 918 8611
103 North Rand Rd
- The wellness Program takes a multi-disciplinary approach executed over an agreed time period in order to establish high levels of service at all times.
Medicare 24 HIV management is comprised of four phases; namely: education and awareness, establishment of an HIV committee, free voluntary counseling and testing (VCT) and positive living program.
Wellness for life
VCT (Voluntary Counselling and Testing for HIV) encompasses testing people for HIV in order to establish the actual infection rate within South Africa, for the purpose of business projecting production levels and income for the future. Occupational Health entails the screening of the employee based on standards and specifications outlined in the OHS Act of South Africa.
The main purpose of Occupational Health is the identification of underlying health problems, together with the identification of health problems that develop as a result of the employee conducting his/her normal duties. This service includes employee medicals and Occupational Health Training.
Elements of HIV Management
- Counseling and psycho-social support
- Management of opportunistic infections and other HIV-related infections
- Antiretroviral therapy
- Sexual and reproductive health
- Noninfectious complications of long-term HIV infection
- Nutritional support